Contact your doctor right away if you develop severe symptoms or if you have flu symptoms and are at risk of complications.
- Sudden onset of cough and fever.
- Fatigue; Muscles aches; Sore throat; Headache; Decreased appetite; Runny nose.
- Nausea; Vomiting; Diarrhea.
- Shortness of breath, rapid or difficulty breathing.
- Chest pain.
- Bluish or grey skin colour.
- Bloody or coloured mucus/spit.
- Sudden dizziness or confusion.
- Severe or persistent vomiting.
- High fever lasting more than 3 days.
- Low blood pressure.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water for at least 20 seconds or use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Cough and sneeze into your arm, not your hand.
- Get your H1N1 flu shot.
- Keep common surface areas clean and disinfected.
- If you get sick, stay home!
Learn how to protect you and your family FightFlu.ca