Mother’s day is a wonderful time for each of us to take a moment and celebrate Mom.
On this special day tell your mom (again and again) how much you love her, make a poem, write a letter, take mom out to her favorite restaurant, buy flowers, give her a day off (let her relax while the rest of the family does the work), etc.
Touch your mothers heart by writing these sentimental quotes in Mother’s Day cards, letters or gift wraps.
- “A mother’s arms are more comforting than anyone else’s.” — Diana, Princess of Wales
- “By and large, mothers and housewives are the only workers who do not have regular time off. They are the great vacationless class.” — Anne Morrow Lindbergh
- “A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.” — Dorothy Canfield Fisher
- “Never marry a man who hates his mother, because he’ll end up hating you.” — Jill Bennett
- “It is not until you become a mother than your judgment slowly turns to compassion and understanding.” — Erma Bombeck
- “Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate.” – Charlotte Gray
- “At work, you think of the children you have left at home.At home, you think of the work you’ve left unfinished. Such a struggle is unleashed within yourself. Your heart is rent.” — Golda Meir
- “All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That’s his.” — Oscar Wilde
- “There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.” – Chinese Proverb
Mothers Day Poem
M – O – T – H – E – R
“M” is for the million things she gave me,
“O” means only that she’s growing old,
“T” is for the tears she shed to save me,
“H” is for her heart of purest gold;
“E” is for her eyes, with love-light shining,
“R” means right, and right she’ll always be,
Put them all together, they spell
A word that means the world to me.
Howard Johnson (c. 1915)
HAVE A HAPPY MOTHER’S DAY!