Canada's Caregiver Program.
Information Pertaining To Caregiver Positions in British Columbia, Canada
- Minimum Salary
- $ 11.00 gross per hour (as per B.C. Provincial Government)
- Hours of work
- 40 hours a week in 5 working days
- Two weeks paid vacation at the end of one year or 4% of the total gross earnings.
- Childcare, housekeeping, laundry, ironing and meal preparations.
- Income Tax, Employment Insurance, Canada Pension Plan and BC medical insurance.
- Application form completed, recent photographs (preferably with children), two or more letters of reference pertaining to childcare and housekeeping (covering at least twelve months of experience) or certificates showing a minimum of six months full-time training (teacher, nurse, etc ) as well as character references, and a "Dear Family" letter in your own handwriting, introducing yourself to a prospective employer.
- Work Permit
- All foreign applicants will require an employment contract before being allowed to apply for a work permit at the Canadian Embassy. Applicants may be required to have a personal interview at the Embassy as well as a medical examination. There is a fee of $155.00 charged for these proceedings.
- These positions are for one full year and a certain commitment is expected. The contract can be renewed for a second year. After completion of the second year, applicants may apply for a landed immigrant status in Canada.
Caregiver Documentation Requirements.
Information for potential applicants for nanny positions
Thank you for your inquiry about a child caregiver / nanny position in British Columbia.
The following is some information pertaining to salary and work conditions in B.C.
Please forward the following documents* to our office at your earliest convenience:
- Completed application form
- Recent photographs of yourself (preferably with children) and 2 passport size photos
- References* pertaining to childcare experience, providing dates and length of employment covering a minimum of twelve months within the last three years
- Training and school / college certificates* - childcare related or other i.e. first aid, nurse, teacher, etc...
- 'Dear Family' letter (in your own English) introducing yourself to a prospective employer.
We look forward to hearing from you in the near future and receiving your completed application along with the above mentioned documents.
PARAGON Personnel Ltd.
*Translated to English where required
Suite 1, 2nd floor, 4529A Hastings St.
Burnaby , B.C. V5C 2K3, Canada
Tel: (604) 298-6633
Fax: (604) 298-6655
Have some more questions? Give us a call, we will be happy to assist you further and arrange for a personal discussion with you.
There is no charge or obligation.
Documents needed before applying for a job as a nanny / caregiver.
If you are looking for a job as a nanny/ caregiver, please send us along with the completed application form, the following items:
reference letters from your present and previous employers
"Dear Family" Letter (click to see sample)
certificates of education
copy of your passport ( work permit where applicable)
Looking for a nanny job? Want to find a family who will appreciate your work? Click here or call 604.298.6633.
Do you want to apply for a nanny / caregiver job?
Download the Application Form
Have more questions?
Do you need additional information?
Fill out the form below and we will contact you within 24 hours.